What is a Job Architecture?
Are you implementing an HCM software such as SuccessFactors or Workday and have been asked to upload your job architecture? The quality of the job architecture determines the outcomes of software usage for many years. The better the quality and coherency of the data, the more you get out of your software.
Will AI affect the jobs in your organization but you don’t know which and how? Start with a job architecture. Its detailed repository of tasks, responsibilities, and skills, provides you with the visibility and numbers needed to assess the impact, create a plan, and take your people with you on your path of transformation.
Do you feel as if you spend most of your time managing exceptions? The reason might be the lack of a harmonized structure for your processes. With a job architecture you detect efficiency potentials, gain control, and enable long-term planning.
How do bring together two differently structured workforces without discriminating against anyone? A job architecture gives you transparency and the perfect infrastructure of jobs to support the M&A objectives.
How to Build a Job Architecture With COLMEIA?
Building a job architecture does not have to be difficult or time-consuming. There are best practices that should be followed, but a job architecture should also be customized to represent the reality and objectives of an individual organization. It is the job catalog of YOUR organization and should support YOUR objectives. We support you along the way.
Step 1: Make a Plan
- Write down your value chain and your objectives. What do want to achieve?
- Define the differentiators that you want to use in the structure and job descriptions. How do jobs differ on each level but are comparable across functions?
- Decide if your current data, a standard industry catalog, or an entirely new structure serves you best.
Step 2: Create a Job Catalog
- Decide about the information needed to be tied to each job. This defines the fields.
- Upload your existing job data.
- If skills play a role in your talent management, upload your skill catalog or use ours.
- Create a structure of job and sub-job families, and levels.
- Create all the jobs and fill out the information that you need. You can pre-fill the job descriptions with generative AI to make it quicker.
- Translate automatically to 100+ languages.
- Verify and adjust the coherence of the structure, differentiators, language, and data. Identify gaps and missing jobs. Identify duplicates and intersections.
- Align the data in your team.
Step 3: Match People With Jobs
- Define the process: Which people in your organization will participate? They all receive a log-in with the respective user rights.
- All your job data is already available.
- Any person involved can visualize the information needed to make the best decision. Match any person to the best role in the new structure.
- Conduct mass assignments with one click.
- Grade any person during the assignment.
- Review and adjust. Is the mapping accurate and consistent?
- Align collaboratively and adjust the decision-making.
Upload to your HCM system
- Congratulations, you built the infrastructure to boost your HCM software and talent management.